Sunday, September 2, 2007

Wallpaper paste be gone


After on left; before on right
(I hope I didn't really need to say that.)

It is SO rare to have instant gratification from a house project. (I think this is why I like to paint. Visible progress is one day.) But try this tip, from a colleague who recently bought a house with lots o' flocked wallpaper:

Combine two parts hot water to one part apple-cider vinegar.

Soak wallpaper and/or paste with vinegar mixture, using a sponge. (Use one with a ScotchBrite pad on the reverse side for extra scouring power).

In literally a minute, I was able to wipe off the paste that had defied the wallpaper steamer.

I smell like a pickle, but that's small price to pay.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are making great progress already! I'm following along and enjoy all the progress pics and tips. :)

Lori in Avoca, IA