Saturday, December 15, 2007

Seeing green

For some reason, I went into a full-scale panic when I saw my sage-green kitchen tile against the countertops.

Would a buyer think it's an avocado-green albatross?

I got the most of the tile at a great price at Habitat for Humanity's ReStore and snagged an extra box through the manufacturer.

Had I shaped the whole kitchen around something I should have never chosen?

I walked the beige aisles at Lowe's and decided to stick to my plan and hope for the best.

Not bad at all.



Completely unplanned:

The upper cabinets are a larger-than-average 42 inches because the kitchen ceiling is 9 feet tall.

By coincidence, the 6x6-inch tile and an oversized copper faucet ended up being a nice balance out the large cabinets.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Looks great! Way to go. Brings back memories for me. Good Luck!

Ricky from the East said...

I love it. Very Tuscan-village--don't forget to hang baskets, wine bottles with drippy candles and olive oil ads from the 50's.

PS...Grandma was 'visiting' over the weekend-you KNOW how she loved Christmas...